A bargain for me is something that gets lots of use and comes at a reasonable price. One of my favorite "deals" is the dresses I find at Sam's and Costco. These girls dresses appear in the stores around Christmas and Easter. They usually cost around $17 and are the brand "Jona Michelle."
 |
| 2008...in a dress that still fits this year |
What makes these dresses extra frugal is how many seasons of wear we can get out of them. Grace is a "girly" girl and loves to wear a fancy dress to church each week. So each year she wears them many times.
And because of the style, she has been able to wear them for years. Yes, they have changed from a tea-length dress at age 5 to a regular length dress at age 8 1/2. Other than that, they still fit beautifully.
 |
| 2007...in a dress that still fits this year |
I have sold them on Ebay for about the price I paid for them, but now I prefer to hand them down to younger friends. So finding dresses that last for years is a bargain that works for me! Check out more tips at
We Are That Family.
What a great tip! I don't have a girl, just a boy. But my friend has a little girl so I will definitely tell her about this. Dressing girls can be so expensive!
ReplyDeleteI hope you'll stop by and visit over at Free 2 Be Frugal sometime soon.