Pumpkin Patch 2010

What a nice display this church had...Perfect photo op!

We love, love, love going to the pumpkin patch!  It seems like a rite of fall, a tradition that leads into all the fun Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas activities.

Mommy, can we get this one?

We have been visiting the pumpkin patch since 2004.  (Here's my all time favorite pics of Jack-2004 and Grace-2005.) This year we tried a new one, a little closer to our new house.  It is located at a church that is over a hundred years old, with those huge towering oaks.

Grace found hers right away.  This young lady knows how to shop!

Pumpkin patches (and other such festivities) are such great church outreach activities.  I never would have noticed this church or stopped by for more info if they didn't have a pumpkin patch.  Now I know a little more about a congregation near us.

It was fun watching them make each other laugh.

Anyway, we had lots of fun picking out a few pumpkins.  It is so warm here right now, it felt kind of funny debating whether to go swimming or go to the pumpkin patch.  In the past, I always put "fall" outfits on the kids.  I have finally learned that short sleeves are the way to go, since it is still 85+ degrees out.

Unfortunately, now my allergies are in overdrive.  I think I am ready for bed NOW!  Here are a few more pictures.  You can go here to Picasa Web Albums to see all of them.

On the hunt for the perfect carving pumpkin



Jack was fascinated by the lumpy, bumpy pumpkins and gourds in strange colors like blue and black.




They decorated their small pumpkins with Sharpies and stickers.  The writing on Jack's says "Bwa ha ha ha ha ha.  Want some candy?"

No comments

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!