Anne at In Residence to see all the Currently posts. Carrie from A Stylish Fit is her co-host this month. The prompts are: celebrating, creating, wearing, sharing, and going.
Celebrating - In May, we are celebrating SO many things! Grace's 16th birthday, awards ceremonies, choir concerts, Mother's Day, and the end of the school year to name just a few things! This week, Grace was inducted in the National Honor Society, and we couldn't be prouder!
| 2006? |
Creating - We have been working to create a better technology habit in our household. We have some new rules that are making us all healthier and happier, and that includes a rule for this mama. I decided to stop getting on the computer before the kids leave for school. I was actually waking up earlier and earlier each day in anticipation of reading all my favorite blogs. Since I made this new guideline for myself, my whole focus for the day has shifted and I have been sleeping all night until my alarm goes off. Happy mom, happy house, right?
Wearing - It's starting to warm up here in Texas, so I have started wearing my "mom" uniform of tshirts and capri pants or shorts. I wear tennis shoes or flip flops. Not too exciting, but very functional! I have heard rave reviews of these two maxi dresses on Amazon (here and here) so I am thinking of ordering one or both for this summer.
![]() |
| via Mix and Match Mama |
Sharing - A recipe for a fun burger. This week I had the kids make our meal plan for the week. Grace picked pulled pork sandwiches, and I used a great recipe from Momfessionals. Jack picked a taco burger that was delicious. You can see the recipe I used from the cookbook here. Ironically, Mix and Match Mama posted a similar recipe on the same day.
Going - I can't wait to take Grace on a very special trip for her 16th birthday. It's coming up soon, so I'd better get busy planning some fun details. More info coming soon!
And I will add to this that we are currently going crazy with squirrels in the house! We have been hearing some scratching around in the attic, and it has been on our to-do list to deal with it.
Well, we got a wake up call yesterday! My dryer was not getting the clothes all the way dry, and the "check vent" light was coming on. Michael checked the hose behind the dryer when he got home. I don't even need a picture to show you the look of disgust on his face when he found a squirrel (barely alive) in the vent hose. Gross! The pest guy is coming out tomorrow.
Thanks for reading along...
what are you currently
celebrating, creating, wearing, sharing, and going?
Currently 2018
Linking to:
Currently with Anne at In Residence
Welcome Wednesday with Polka-Dotty Place, Lindsay's Sweet World and others
{Affiliate Links}



Wow! Squirrels, really?! I was picturing them running around in your house and you guys trying to catch them! Ha! I hope you have a post about your social media limits because I need some ideas for a certain teenage girl! Can't wait to see what you have planned for Grace!
ReplyDeleteOoh I'm curious what 16th b-day plans you have coming up with your daughter. How fun. And congrats to her on getting into NHS!
ReplyDelete-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net
Ooh, I love a twist on a burger (and so does my kiddo) - definitely going to check out that recipe. And how exciting to be planning a special 16th birthday trip!
ReplyDeleteWhen we lived in The Woodlands we had unwelcomed visitors in the attic. UGH Not fun. How wonderful that you and Grace are going away for her 16th birthday. Those memories will stay in her heart forever. Have fun and I can't wait to hear about it, Tanya.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of a special 16th birthday trip! Sounds like a nice and hectic month.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your daughter! I live in the Spring area of Texas and would definitely agree that the last few weeks have gotten much warmer!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Grace and congrats on the National Honor Society. Yes, we definitely need techno limits and sleep. I love reading blogs too but I just can't fit everything in every day.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Grace!! Congrats on the NHS!
ReplyDeleteWe need to make a technically rule in our house too!
Our neighbor was saying they have squirrels in their house too, Ugh! I just have ants which are annoying enough, lol!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Grace on receiving such an honor! Sweet 16. I remember that with my girls. Such a special time. And order the maxi dresses. I ordered the dear lovers one and LOVE it. My youngest borrowed it, and she now wants to order some. Oh my word, squirrels can be such a nuisance!
ReplyDelete