TGIF! May is definitely one of those months that just flies by! We have been staying busy with school, yardwork, and lots of end-of-year events. Grace just took her first AP exam of high school (World History), Michael has been busy at work, and Jack had not one, but two choir parties this week. Here's a look at some favorites this week...
Jack had his junior high awards assembly on Monday night. We were so proud that he earned an award for having all A's this year. This was the only picture I managed to get. After the awards ceremony, we hung around the high school to watch their choir show. There are certainly some talented kids!
On Monday night, we grabbed a quick dinner at PDQ because of the awards assembly. While we were there, my friend Annabel texted us a picture of their dog Boomer. This was the kids reaction...they love Boomer. He was somewhat of a therapy dog to them when we stayed there after the flood.
I stopped in Walmart today and saw they had a fun new selection of $1.94 kitchen towels. I bought the one that has the mason jar on it to add to my growing collection. On a sidenote, I went to a different WM location due to a doctor visit in another area. It was newly remodeled and so nice! It seriously seemed 10 times brighter than my current Walmart, which isn't even that old.
Usually, I go to my annual exam and mammogram in the fall, but the past year has been a little crazy. I finally got my rear in gear and made my appointment! It felt good to get that checked off the to-do list. I have to say I'm pretty paranoid about getting checked since I know so many friends and acquaintances who have battled breast cancer just in the past few years.
Who else is going to be watching the royal wedding this Saturday? I have been watching a great special on PBS about all aspects of the wedding. You can probably watch it on their app or website.
It has been so fun to see Windsor in the international spotlight. When we lived in England, this was the town we always went to for shopping or dining. We also frequently went to the library there, as well as the doctor's office. I was there at least once a week so I love seeing the familiar sites on the news.
And I was lucky enough to see two state visits in Windsor. Check out my earlier posts to see a small glimpse of the pageantry that will be going on this weekend.
Did you check out my Tuesday Talk post - Prime Purchases?
I talked about my recent online purchases.
I have noticed that this is a very popular topic!
From now on, I'll post my Prime Purchases post on the FIRST TUESDAY OF THE MONTH.
Would you like to join in? I'll add a link up for you to add your post, and we'll make it a party. :)
So round up your most recent online purchases and come back to share on TUESDAY JUNE 5th!
Have a wonderful weekend!










Oh yes, alarm set for tomorrow, I even got new tea, lol. Busy but oh so fun May for sure! Good girl getting your mammogram! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for the royal wedding! EEK! I'm so excited!
ReplyDeleteI love those tea towels! I'm marking my calendar for June 5th!
I'll be watching the wedding. I've also been watching the PBS series. Love those towels, what is the fabric? I can't remember the name of the ones that are so popular, flour sack maybe? Looking forward to joining you for Prime Purchases.
ReplyDeleteYour kiddos are AWESOME. It has to be so fun and special to have a front row seat to watching them become amazing young adults!! Love the flour sack towels!! They are just such a cute little expensive seasonal touch to have in the kitchen!! Have a fabulous weekend friend!
ReplyDeleteYou have such great kids. Love England, use to go twice a year and rent a cottage. Would love to live there for a year or so.
ReplyDeleteYay, I added the prime purchases link up to my calendar! Love those tea towels. So cute about that dog, he's very cute! My doctor says I need to make a mammogram appointment after I turn 40 in November. Fun. :(
ReplyDeleteAre your "Boomers" parents from Oklahoma? Our nephew is a huge OU fan and his dogs name is Boomer too. That dog is HUGE. Excited about your Prime link up. I'm going to try to start buying more on Prime #goals...LOL Good girl getting that mamo. I always dread it too, but I'm so happy to mark it off. Once we get back and all settled from the wedding stuff I need to do a colonoscopy since I turned the big 5-0. 🤪 I'm so out of touch on this royal wedding. I didn't even realize it was tomorrow until yesterday (funny sentence) I'm assuming you are a :CROWN" watcher? If not, you'd love it. Happy weekend!!! XO
ReplyDelete