How was your weekend? We had a little bit of this and a little bit of that this weekend. Here are some highlights...
I have really been "on" with my walking game lately. Most days I am doing 3-4 miles in the morning after I drop the kids off at school. Of course, Albie is my walking buddy. I had to snap a picture of him in front of some wildflowers along the way. He was so interested in the surroundings and wouldn't look at me!
My world was rocked Friday when I heard about yet another school shooting...this one happened in another area of Houston. It hit so close to home, hearing parents and students talk on tv who sound like they could be our neighbors or friends. I sure don't have any answers about this, but it just breaks my heart and it happens way too often.
Grace got dressed up for the theater club banquet. The event sounded like lots of fun with awards, videos, and announcements about what is coming up next year in high school theater. She had a great time!
I was up bright and early Saturday morning to watch the royal wedding. I was still on the fence about what I thought about Meghan M., but my heart softened a lot when I saw that gorgeous dress. It was so fun to see our little town of Windsor sparkle in welcoming all the guests and royalty.
I liked the dress, with it's modern, minimal look. And I was happy that they kept everything pretty traditional and classy. The carriage ride was just the best!
Ironically, this popped up on my Timehop over the weekend. Seven years ago Michael and I were in Windsor getting ready to find a house to rent. You might think this picture was taken as we leisurely strolled through Windsor sightseeing. No, I took it from the front of the hotel while Michael drove around looking for a parking space since the road was closed due to a changing of the guard parade that happens every few days on the Windsor streets. It was a speedy introduction to all things British: parking, waiting, tradition over convenience, and more. (But we learned to love it.)
I did a lot of cooking Saturday getting ready for three other families to come over for dinner Saturday night. Here are a few of the recipes I made. They are all old favorites.
Hot Fudge Sauce (we had an ice cream bar)
Sunday was a relaxing day with some time by the pool, some much needed rain, and this movie. If you are a fan of history or WWII, I highly recommend this movie about Winston Churchill - The Darkest Hour.
How is possibly the last week of school? With this week, we will say goodbye to junior high and hello to TWO high school students! I'm looking forward to summer, although it will be a busy one. In just the next few weeks, we have a guys trip to the ranch, a girls trip to New York City, Jack going to Pine Cove camp, and Grace going out of state for an academic program. We'll throw in some time around the pool and that will be June in the blink of an eye!
Linking to:
Happy Monday with My Glittery Heart, The Sirois Family and Lindsay’s Sweet World


Grace looks stunning! I had similar feelings - being on the fence - but I loved every moment about the wedding. I use a different Mexican Rice recipe but I'm going to try the one you posted, I like the addition of RoTel. Loved Darkest Hour, too.
ReplyDeleteThe wildflowers along your walk are beautiful. And Grace looked so pretty, and so grown up. While I loved watching the wedding, truth be told, I am now over it. And that dinner looks scrumptious.
ReplyDeleteOh my how gorgeous is Grace! Love her dress. Ahh the wedding was so lovely. Yay for some good cookin! Looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteWe are finishing school this week too. Crazy! That's awesome you are walking so much!
ReplyDeleteI loved the royal wedding! I really knew nothing about their relationship ahead of time but really felt like it was obvious they were smitten with one another. AND GIRL...GRACE....holy stunner! She is just gorgeous momma!
ReplyDelete