Jack's 8th Grade Dance


Jack celebrated the end of junior high on Friday night with his 8th Grade Dance.  He and his friends were so low key about this.  I asked him a few weeks ago if he planned to go and if his friends had any plans.  He said they all wanted to go, but that they hadn't decided what to do.  So the mom's texted back and forth and some plans were made.  I can just tell you that boys have a much different approach to school dances (at least at this stage) than girls!  It is fun to see the difference!


The guys all came over to our house for some pictures and a pizza dinner.  I couldn't resist putting a few decorations out. 



These are Jack's best buddies.  I thought it was fun that they all wore blue (unplanned of course!)


Some pool before dinner.



Another friend came and we took some more pictures.


Each and every one of these boys' families flooded in Hurricane Harvey.   I'm happy to say they are all back in their homes (or almost there!)  With 75% of the students flooded, this year's 8th grade party had a very different feel.  Dress codes were relaxed.  The tradition of hanging baby pictures in the hallway was changed to displaying school pictures.  (Many folks lost all their family photos.)  But I guarantee that everyone had a BLAST at the dance.




Before the friends arrived, I snapped some solo pictures of Jack.  I love the tie he chose.  As you can see, he's quite a "character!"



We are so proud of Jack!



Jack had a great time at the party.  I didn't chaperone this since it was Grace's birthday, but I enjoyed helping with the decorations during the week.  Jack said he enjoyed playing ping pong, "gambling" at the casino, and singing karaoke.  

After the dance, he went over to Cole's house with the guys for swimming and s'mores.  They had such a great night!

4 comments

  1. He looks so handsome and it sounds like they all had a great time! My son has his 8th grade dance coming up as well. We still haven't decided exactly what he will wear but I am sure it will be very similar to the boys in your pics. Have a great week!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally thumbs up on the tie!
    That made me so sad to think of all the lost family pictures.
    Glad those boys went to the dance together & had a great time. All the smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute that the boys went together. It's so sad that there are a lack of baby pictures for these kids now though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's quite the handsome fellow. What a great way to end the middle school years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a comment...I appreciate you! I will either reply OR click over to your blog and comment there. Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!