Hello and welcome to the May Monthly Favorites edition of my Friday Favorites! Usually I write the Friday post to highlight some favorites of the past week, but once a month I write about favorites from the whole month. I'm also linking this to the Five Things Bringing Me Joy link up. These monthly favorites may be products or just things that happened in the month of May that made me happy!
I also blog about my Prime Purchases (you can see the last post here), so you can check that out to see some of the latest things that are ending up in my shopping cart. There will be a Prime Purchases Link Up here on Tuesday June 5th, so come join the Prime Party!
May is always a really busy month, but in a good way. We really packed in the fun times during the last month of school. Some of my favorites were Mother's Day, Grace's Birthday, Awards ceremonies, Jack's choir talent show, and 8th Grade Dance. We also had a large group of families over for dinner, and I enjoyed that!
Here's a look at my box this month. I am so excited to try these products!
- Hourglass Primer - I gave this one to G
- Chloe perfume sample - ditto
- Devacurl Supercream Coconut Curl Styler-will be fun to go for a natural look this summer
- Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner - I've never tried a liquid liner
- Marc Jacobs Mascara - this has awesome reviews
- Sephora Detox Mud Mask - can't wait to detox my skin
I have had some fun shopping at TJ Maxx recently. There are quite a few Ross/Marshall/TJ Maxx stores in the area that I can barely stand to walk into. Their stock is low and it looks like a tornado has hit the store. But there is one TJ Maxx nearby that I love going to. It is always neat and clean, and there are some great finds to discover. Here are some things I've bought recently.
If you haven't checked out your local discount store's toiletries/beauty department, you could be missing out. I have found lots of prodcuts from OPI, Philosophy, and other big name companies. I picked up some new hand soap that smells incredible for only $3.99. I haven't heard of the company, but the packaging and smell are great. It is from Pecksniff's of England, and scents I bought are Rosemary Mint and Bergamot Thyme.
I also picked up a candle from DW Home in Lavendar Chamomile. I think I remember that Heather recommended these, and I will definitely check out some other scents. It was less than $5 at TJ Maxx.
I picked up this oversized Baggallini hobo tote for $29. (similar here) It checks a lot of boxes for me in a travel bag/purse: large size, lots of pockets/organization, crossbody and shoulder bag straps, lays flat against body when carrying crossbody. In addition, it can slide over your carry-on suitcase handle for easy airport travel. I'm looking forward to giving this a try on our summer trips.
I just love Fossil brand wallets and purses, but I have never bought one. I love this one that I found for $29. It is just the right size for me and a really fun color. (Similar here)
This week seemed to be about all things British and royal...yes, please. I just loved watching the wedding and seeing all the pomp and pageantry. And seeing how this modern couple decided to make it all their own, too.
One thing I never managed to do in our 3 years over there was the Chelsea Flower Show. Look at these beautiful pictures that popped up in my Instagram feed!
And my last favorite for May is the end of another school year. The kids wrapped up 8th and 10th grades, and I can't wait to see what fun the summer holds for us. Do you remember reading the blog awhile back about 18 summers. Childhood seems short when you think about only having 18 summers together...so make it count! We are going to soak up every minute of sunshine, swimming, travel, camp, and more this summer!
2018 Monthly Favorites
Linking to:
Five on Friday with Smidge of This
Friday Loves Link Up with The Blended Blog
{Affiliate Links}








DW home candles are my FAVORITE! Love those candles!! I also have good luck finding them on Amazon! My TJ Maxx does carry some!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to check on Amazon! Thanks for the recommendation.
DeleteThat soap is such great brand, I have a set I got at TJ in my guest bath with a soap and a lotion in a little cute container. The candles are a great brand too. YAY to wrapping up the school year and here's to sweet summer!
ReplyDeleteI think TJ Maxx will be my new go to for candles and soap. Have a wonderful weekend!
DeleteI love that photo from the wedding - they say the couple's position makes the shape of a heart, do you see it? Our Ross/Marshall's/TJ Maxx is pretty much the same - people are so inconsiderate, throwing things this way and that in search of the ultimate bargain and the staff doesn't seem to reorganize the stock very often. But, like you, we have a TJ Maxx in one part of town that is much nicer and much more organized. I clicked over to your posts from 2004 "Jack's 9 month doctor visit" was one of them! Time really does fly.
ReplyDeleteYes, I heard that about the heart shape. That's so funny that you clicked over to 2004 - no pictures on the blog posts back in those days! Have a wonderful weekend!
DeleteIt is funny you mentioned the condition of some of the stores. Some are a hot mess, while others are so neat and organized. I love their selections of soaps and candles. And you can't beat the price.
ReplyDeleteIt's gotten to where I don't even bother to go in a lot of them, but that one TJM location is a favorite!
DeleteI love TJ Maxx, I never know what is good to buy in the beauty section though! I have a Baggallini every day bag. I might want a bigger one for travel! I'm glad you're loving the Sephora box...I wonder if I should subscribe! I want some Deva Curl stuff! Happy last day of school!
ReplyDeleteActually, the bag you linked is very similar to the one I have! I added some padded separators to it so I can carry my camera in the compartments!
DeleteSo far I have liked everything Sephora has sent me. They seem to be more brands that I recognize than the other boxes send. So funny about the Baggallini!
Delete18 summers... wow! I never thought of it that way.
ReplyDeleteIt definitely made me realize that I'd better cherish these summer days!
DeleteThat is sad when you think of it as 18 Summers. My daughter is almost 11, so I have a while to go. I just signed up for the Sephora Play box. Can't wait to get my 1st 1.
ReplyDeletehttp://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com
I hope you will love the Sephora box! 11 is such a fun age...I hope you all have a great summer!
Delete